Established in 1993, HSN has brought more than $50 million in HUD, VA and State of Florida funds to Central Florida to provide assistance to the homeless. HSN has six organizational goals:
- Establish and implement programs to prevent homelessness among precariously housed persons in our Continuum
- Support the development and operation of emergency shelter and services to the men, women and children in Central Florida who become homeless each year
- Support the development and implementation of transitional housing programs to assist homeless persons to return to self-sufficiency
- Support the development of permanent housing programs to meet the needs of homeless persons, including permanent supportive housing and rapid rehousing
- Support the development of a comprehensive medical care network for the region’s homeless
- Encourage the dissemination and implementation of best practice program models throughout the Continuum.